Day Five of 2018 Great Release Program – 5 December – Wednesday
By Silver RavenWolf
4th Quarter Moon in Scorpio moves to Sagittarius – 5-hour void (approximately)
Wednesday– Mercury Planetary Ruler – Light a Silver or White Candle for Mental Wellness
Your Challenge Today – Clean out a drawer. Any drawer. Any room.
Just follow the primary rule: Throw one thing out. No giveaways this first week unless you will absolutely take them where they are supposed to go.
Keep the comments coming. Don’t be embarrassed or think we don’t want to hear. The more, the merrier!!!
My Experience –Did you like today’s pic? That’s my inflatable dragon! He is my main Yule decoration this year. His name is Frosty. I spent yesterday afternoon setting him up (for the first time) and putting out the Yule house lights. I’m a minimalist. One string of lights. One laser snowflake floodlight. One dragon. The end.
I cleared the porch of summer’s end stuff, cut the tops off the last of the pumpkins I grew and set the seeds to dry (I use the stems for poppets), burned paper trash, set up the decorations, and swept the back stoop.
Grandmother Spider **– The first summer I spent in our home in the woods a large orb spider spun a beautiful web from one porch post to another. Every day I marveled at that immensely large web. I would sit on the porch in the rocking chair and quietly contemplate that spider’s work. I learned by observing how the spider maintained her web (usually only the females spin the webs). She always constructed it the same way – clockwise and then counter-clockwise. I mourned when a behemoth bug blundered through it, creating a gaping hole that she quickly repaired. I marveled that the web looked the same as before, with the same number of strands. Over time, I began to see runes in the web strands. Each day, the spider would consume the web in the early evening, rest, then spin a new one for that night’s drama. Each day we consume what we have done, thought, said, and felt – do we not?
I watched as she wrapped bugs caught in her web, which for that day, changed the “conversation” of the web. The adjusted pattern always carried new runes. When the spider was through with carcass, she would cut the body loose. She knew when to let go and let the trash fall from her existence. Her awareness of the vibrations along her web earned my respect. She understood whether wind, food, or debris touched her creation.
Over time I pondered that we all have our own personally created web, spun by our thoughts, emotions, and actions. We generate our own network, we cleanse it, we cut things from it, we eat from it, we use it to draw information and manifestations to us, and we connect to others, all through our own energy weaving. Like the spider, if circumstances are lousy, we even “cut our web and run” building a new web elsewhere.
When we acknowledge the existence of our Web, life changes drastically. We see the “running” of energy to us, around us, through us, and from us. It is almost as if you elevate your mind in one huge leap when you agree that your web exists and that you have the power to use it.
Nature teaches us all we need to know. We just have to quietly observe.
How will you use our web today?
When you light that white or silver candle today, take the time to follow the web around you with a visualization. How far does the energy go? Where does it go? How does it feel when you vibrate the web with your acknowledgment that your personal network exists?
- Do the Morning Ritual – earn one gold star.
- Practice the Rattle Bath/Crystal Cleansing – earn one gold star.
- Mark what you accomplished on your Great Release Calendar
- Light a white or silver candle for mental healing.
- Do one 3-Minute Dash – earn one gold star.
- Do TWO 5-Minute Dust Buster – earn one gold star.
- Read your Main Goal 9 times aloud (Don’t worry, after the first week, you don’t have to do this one.)
- Do one thing toward this week’s goal. On Day 7, we will write a new goal.
- Did you remember to invoke your special symbol first thing when you woke up? If you forgot, try again tomorrow, no worries.
- Clean out one drawer. One Gold Star. Clean out two drawers? Four Gold Stars!
- Contemplate the nature of the spider web. How can you use your own web? What will you cut from it? What will you draw toward yourself now that you realize you are connected to anything you desire?
- Tonight, remember to practice your Nightly Buzz-Through Review – keep an eye on those messy areas.
- Do a mental review of your day before you fall asleep – make it quick – don’t let the mind stick.
Extra Credit: Take the time to observe something in nature. What did you learn? – Ten gold stars for that alone!
**Wyrd (Wyrrd) is considered the matrix of fate, derived from spinning an individual’s actions, thoughts, and emotions into the journey of self – some see it as the web of life force energy – your personal destiny. The Norns (Goddesses)– Skul, Verdandi, Urd — (Should, Happening, Has Happened – Becoming, Now, Past – Wyrd) metaphorically spin the fate that you set forth. To some, you are the Norns. To others, the Norns are separate from the self, and seen as deity.
Peace with the Gods
Peace with Nature