Day Four — 2012 Great Release Challenge!
by Silver RavenWolf
The weather on Day Three turned out to be delightfully mild. I took advantage of the lovely day to do some outside work on my wish list. Although I managed to wash most of the windows and the curtains, there wasn’t enough time to sweep off the front porch. I’ll do that tomorrow. I also managed to fix a broken kitchen cabinet, washed several loads of laundry, and attempted to vacuum up all the tinsel on the living room carpet from yesterday’s tree trimming fun. Every time I thought I had it all I would move a little to the right or left and see an ocean of glittering silver.
Your Mission Today
One Junk Drawer — you know, that place where strange things migrate. Take everything out of the drawer, clean out the drawer, throw away any trash, and organize what’s left. Perhaps some of the items are better suited to a different area of the home or different drawer.
For the Truly Dedicated Challenge Participant: Go through ALL drawers that manage to capture things that don’t belong there. Dedicate different drawers for categories of items. For example, we have a Battery Drawer, a Gift/Borrow Drawer (where I put things that must be returned or small gifts I’ve wrapped for others), a children’s DVD drawer, etc. I moved items by category into stackable plastic boxes and labeled each box. For example one boxes labeled “things that grip”. Another, “things that punch”. Junk drawers are often cluttered with miscellaneous tools, phone chargers from phones you don’t have any more, computer wires, extra headsets, etc. Many times we’ll put the next cord in the drawer and months later have no idea what it belongs to. To stop this frustration I now label cords with a bit of masking tape in the name of the product belongs to. If I no longer own the equipment the cord belongs to I know I can safely throw out the cord.
If you manage to completely empty the drawer consider using it as a Wish Drawer. Simply write your wish on a piece of paper, dot the paper with a bit of magical oil or perfume, use your sea of potential affirmation while holding the paper, then placed the paper in the drawer. A Braucherei practice is to place a stone on the paper to set the spell. Keep the drawer closed until your wish manifests. If you fear a family member will open the drawer, tape it shut.
For Tomorrow: You choose what you wish to release. Tomorrow we’ll talk about letting things go with honor.
1. Do Your Morning Braucherei Ritual and light your goal candle.
2. Continue to Work with the Sea of Potential Affirmation.
3. Clean out one junk drawer.
4. Give yourself one gold star if you finished one junk drawer. Two gold stars if you did more than one drawer. Three gold stars if you managed to completely empty any one drawer. Four gold stars if you completed something on your Wish List . Remember, for every seven gold stars you earn, you get to treat yourself with something special!
5. Get ready for tomorrow!!
Peace with the Gods
Peace with Nature
So be it.
- Braucherei Morning Ritual – Excellent for Use in the Great Release Program 2012 (silverravenwolf.wordpress.com)
- Day One of the 2012 Great Release Challenge!!! – Time to Rumble! (silverravenwolf.wordpress.com)
- 2012 Great Release Program – Day 2 – December 2nd – Suck Up the Dirt! (silverravenwolf.wordpress.com)
- 2012 Great Release Program – Day 3 – Monday (silverravenwolf.wordpress.com)
- Easy Ways to Get Your Junk Drawer Under Control (thedailymuse.com)
- Organise Your Junk Drawer With Stuff You Already Have Around The House (lifehacker.com.au)